Make data rich decisions and focus on the leads that really matter.
Amassing over a decade of experience, we’ve initiated over 425 antibody discovery campaigns with over 95 partners, ranging from top-20 pharma companies to biotech companies to leading academic institutions. With 55 clinical programs originating from our platform, Adimab is the industry leader in translating your target hypotheses into therapeutically relevant antibody drugs.
Our traditional discovery process starts with mining our large synthetic human IgG repertoire, which ensures every antibody delivered is unique to you. More recently, we have added our first-generation heavy chain-only antibody (HCAb) libraries to meet the growing demand for single-domain antibodies. Designed with the aid of novel machine learning methodology trained on extensive internal data from our commercially validated IgG libraries as well as natural VHH repertoires, the HCAb libraries aim to minimize developability risk while ensuring high sequence diversity and broad epitope coverage.
In addition to in vitro discovery, we have combined our yeast-based platform with extensive know-how around mining in vivo immune repertoires (e.g. human, mouse, llama) to offer partners a differentiated in vivo antibody discovery approach. This approach is a robust orthogonal discovery path, especially for certain target classes, and is enhanced by seamless integration into the Adimab yeast-based platform for antibody optimization.
In all cases, leveraging our proprietary yeast in discovery enables us to select for key antibody properties in real-time:
- Expressibility and stability
- Binding affinity and specificity
- Species cross-reactivity
- No polyreactivity
- Epitope bin and/or ligand competition
The goal of our discovery process is to derive a diverse panel of fully human antibodies tailored to your target product profile, allowing you to comprehensively interrogate the target biology of interest. In a delivery at this stage of the project, our partners typically receive:
- A panel of purified IgGs ready for bioassays (250 µg)
- A complete data package including:
- Affinity and/or binding assessments to a panel of project-related proteins and cell lines
- LC-MS confirmed DNA/Protein sequences
- Epitope bin assignments
- Developability assays such as polyspecificity reagent (PSR) binding and hydrophobic interaction chromatography (HIC)
- Other assays as required
We’ve developed engineering capabilities over the course of hundreds of antibody lead optimization campaigns. Our process starts with one or more partner-selected lead antibodies with the goal of optimizing potency, specificity, and/or developability. These leads can come from Adimab’s discovery process or from outside sources available to our partners.
Key features include:
- Rapid library generation (<1 week) with multiple options for targeting diversity
- Real-time selection of improved offspring by flow cytometry
- Ability to tailor multiple parameters such as affinity, fine-specificity, cross-reactivity, poly-specificity, hydrophobic character, expression, thermal stability, pH dependency, and/or chemical liability motifs
- Engineer IgG-related molecules including bispecifics, antibody fragments, and/or antibody fusions
Our protein engineering capabilities extend beyond traditional antibody affinity optimization, including solutions to eliminate antibody effector functions and increase antibody serum half-life. Please reach out to see if our engineering capabilities apply to your unique therapeutic needs.
We’ve worked with a variety of different bispecific formats but have focused our efforts on three primary areas:
- IgG-based bispecifics
- Novel Fab and Fc heterodimerization solutions to enable 4-chain IgG-based bispecifics, as well as other multispecific formats
- Utilizing our large naïve cLC IgG libraries or a LC from an existing partner antibody as another means to solve for HC:LC mispairing
- scFv- and sdAb-based bispecifics
- Adimab generates stable scFvs from IgGs or engineers stability into existing scFvs and sdAbs with known biophysical liabilities
- Ability to incorporate and optimize scFv and sdAbs in the final bispecific format
- CD3-based bispecifics
- Adimab has a suite of novel, proprietary human/cyno cross-reactive CD3 antibodies with superior biophysical properties relative to commonly utilized therapeutic CD3 antibodies
- Available in a range of affinities for fine-tuned T cell redirected cytotoxicity
- Can be used in bispecifics as either Fabs or scFvs
- Adimab generates bispecific panels for partners and offers a non-exclusive license for use at partner site
For additional bispecific inquiries, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.